Sunday, May 3, 2009

Girls and Girlfriend

So these are a bit older. I had this phase early on at Art Center of doing pencil sketches that I'd embellish with abstract blotches of watercolor. I liked the contrast of a hard pencil line with really obtuse watercolor shapes. This series of girls was done in a fashion class I took. I can't remember the assignment, but I assume it had something to do with hair...and girls.









On the subject of faces, I (more recently) did this painting of my girlfriend, Carolyn, for Valentine's Day a little while back. I tried to make it somewhat abstract and even a little cartoony while still keeping specifics of her face. I feel like I approached it like a sketch since it's a little rough, but I like it overall. She's a great muse!


No comments:

Post a Comment